Guide to Brewing Coffee
- It is always best to use clear, cold water for brewing coffee.
- Never reheat coffee and do not leave on brewer for more than 15 - 20 minutes.
- If possible, we recommend transferring your freshly brewed coffee to an insulated thermos as soon as it’s finished brewing.
- Coffee packaged in one way valve bags like ours, can be stored either in a cool dry place or in your refrigerator or freezer. Once opened, the bag should be folded and resealed or repackaged in an airtight container and placed in the freezer for longer storage. Once the coffee has been removed from the freezer it can't be refrozen so freezing in portion containers allows you to use as needed.
Ground Rules for Grinding:
- If grinding your own beans, choose the grind that is right for your brewing equipment. For example: extra fine for espresso, fine for cone shaped filtered drip, medium for flat bottomed filtered drip and course for electric percolators, French Press / plunger pots, and vacuum coffee pots.
- Never grind flavored beans as the flavored oils will linger and transfer to all regular beans.
- Grind just prior to brewing for the best results.
Ground Rules for Brewing:
- We recommend using 6 ounces of clean cold water to 1.5 - 2 tablespoons of Kahvé Koffee to start. From this baseline, you can play with the proportions to suit your personal taste.
- Pour clean cold water into brewer.
- Begin brewing. Let brew cycle finish completely before enjoying your delicious Kahvé Koffee.
- Never steal a cup in the middle of the brew cycle.
- Pull the plunger out of the pot and set aside.
- Measure and scoop 1.5 - 2 tablespoons of coarse ground Kahvé Koffee for every 6 oz. of water to be used into the bottom of the pot.
- Pour hot (but never boiling) water over the grinds. Place plunger in pot and let it rest on top of the water for 4 minutes. Do not press down.
- After 4 minutes, turn the spout away from you and gently press plunger down. This prevents water from shooting out and prevents pressure from building. Slowly lower all the way until the plunger does not go any further.
- Now, relax and enjoy!