Coffee & Brown Sugar Bacon
Wake Up and Smell the Bacon!
"Everyone loves waking up to the smell of coffee and the smell of bacon, and the flavors are pretty awesome together too", claims Sunset Magazine. "Add some molasses-y brown sugar, and you'll reach bacon nirvana".
Yield: Serves 8
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly brewed coffee
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment or waxed paper and set a flat rack on top.
2. Lay bacon strips on rack, overlapping slightly if needed. Sprinkle top of strips evenly with ground coffee. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and brewed coffee, stirring just to blend to a paste. Brush top of strips with half of sugar mixture.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Turn bacon over and brush with remaining sugar glaze. Bake until crispy, 10 minutes more.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- 144 (49% from fat)
- 7.8g (sat 2.8)